Sunday 18 December 2011

Paper Princess Sunday Challenge and... I'M A TKD BLACK BELT!!!!

Hello everyone. It is Sunday and the paper Princesses have another challenge to show. This time we had to make a "side step card". I have never done one before and to my surprise it wasn't difficult at all. It had to be Christmas or winter oriented.  This is the last Christmas card that I made this season to give away. I will make more once my Christmas order arrives, but I'll use them next year, too late now!!!. I can say today that I'm ready for the holidays:

Decorations: check!
Tree: check!
Presents: check!
Organizations for the 24th and the 31st: check!
TAE KWON DO BLACK BELT TEST before the holidays: PRICELESS!!! CHECK, CHECK CHEK!!!

Sorry to interrupt my post with this Tae Kwon Do news, but it is a satisfaction that I've been training and waiting for three years, and to have reached this goal at "40" it is a double satisfaction for me. We are a Tae Kwon Do family. My oldest son is black belt, now me, and my second son is getting it next year. I'm very proud and I wanted to share it with my followers and people that visit my blog. Thanks for looking!!!. I promise my card post is after my pictures!!!

Me in my new uniform!!!!



Now my card for this challenge:


Here is the side:


For this card I used:

Cardstock: a cream one from Recollections at Michael's, Whisper White and Sage Shadow from SU
Designer Paper: A Christmas Tree from Recollections
Stamps: Angelic Joy and Many Merry Messages from SU
Accessories: Spellbinders for the shape, Copic markers to colour the image, Memento Tuxedo Black ink to ink the image, Pearls from the dollar store and Martha Stewart border punch (I don't know the name sorry).

Here is the tutorial at Splitcoaststampers if you want to try it: Splitcoaststampers - Tutorials

6 comments:

Athina said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Now it is time to relax and enjoy!

AnnMarie said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! Thanks for playing and a great big congrats on your black belt!!! You are a rock star girl!!! Great job! :)

Melina said...

This is totally gorgeous! I love the soft shades you used.
Congrats on your accomplishment! How wonderful :)

Barb said...

Congrats on your Black Belt. And, this card is just stunning!

marsha said...

Congratulations on your black belt! Love your card too!
Hugs,
Marsha

Heather B said...

Congrats!!! Gorgeous colors on that card.